Latest Canadian Baha’i News
Feed Source: www.bahainews.ca
- Seminar explores the “Migration-Religion Nexus”On March 6th, the Baha’i Community of Canada’s Office of Public Affairs, together with the University of Toronto’s Munk School of Global Affairs sponsored a seminar on religion and migration, which explored the various ways in which religious groups, immigration, and public opinion are interconnected.
- Baha’is celebrate Ayyam-i-Ha with gift-giving, hospitality, and charityFrom February 26 to March 1, Baha’is across Canada celebrate the festival of Ayyam-i-Ha. Ayyam-i-Ha is a time of gift-giving, hospitality, and charity. This joyful festival precedes the 19-day Baha’i month devoted to fasting, restraint, and spiritual introspection, at the end of the Baha’i calendar, from March 2nd to the 20th. The Baha’i New Year (Naw Ruz) i […]
- DemocracyXChange addresses the challenge of social change in an age polarizationHundreds of people gathered at Ryerson University to talk about how to navigate an “age of polarization” at a conference called DemocracyXChange. The Office of Public Affairs of the Baha’i Community of Canada was one of the sponsors and participants in the conference, which took place from January 26-27.
- New website launched for the Baha’i community of CanadaThe Baha’i community of Canada has relaunched its official websites at a new domain: www.bahai.ca. The main website of the Baha’i community has undergone a number of major revisions in its design and content.
- Why religion is in the spotlight againThe accelerating movement of populations across borders, increasing religious diversity, growing interreligious tensions, sectarian violence, youth discontent and vulnerability to radicalization: these and other factors are combining to bring religion to the forefront of discourse in virtually every region of the world and on the international stage.
- Celebration of Baha’i “Twin Holy Days” brings joy across Canada
- Canada joins nations in support of Baha’is in YemenThe Government of Canada has been a leading nation in support of the Baha’is who are facing escalating persecution in Houthi-controlled Yemen.
- Films for social change featured at Parliament of the World’s Religions
- Parliament of the World’s Religions stimulates dialogue on inclusion
- Baha’is prepare for the Parliament of the World’s Religions
- Spiritual empowerment takes root in neighbourhoods across Canada